I love breakfast so much that I make it all day long sometimes! What I don’t like is how long it could take to make breakfast. Especially pastries and baked goods. Nobody has that kind of stamina first thing in the morning to knead dough and wait for it to rise. That’s why breakfast hacks are important in the morning.
I’ve teamed up with Immaculate Baking to bring you (drumroll, please): bagel bombs filled with spring onion cream cheese!
Bagel bombs are tasty baked rounds of dough stuffed with cream cheese. There’s some dispute about who created it first, but they appeared in NYC in around 2012/2013. They were a convenient, all in one, grab and go breakfast. There are many variations of the seasonings and cream cheese fillings.
My favorite is is definitely spring onion cream cheese topped with everything but the bagel seasoning. Try different flavor combinations and let me know which is your favorite!
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
Bagel Bombs with Spring Onion Cream Cheese
- 1 16 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Organic Flaky Biscuits
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Bagel seasoning, optional
- Step 1 In a large bowl, mix softened cream cheese and spring onions until well incorporated. Divide the cream cheese into 8 equal-sized balls and freeze for at least an hour.
- Step 2 Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Step 3 Open can of Immaculate Baking Organic Flaky Biscuits and separate the biscuits on a lightly flour-dusted work surface. Roll out each biscuit dough to about 5” rounds.
- Step 4 Place a frozen cream cheese block in the center of each round. Pinch together the dough to surround the cream cheese tightly. Place the bagel bomb seam side down onto the baking sheet. Refrigerate the bagel bombs for about 10 minutes.
- Step 5 Preheat oven to 350F. Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add honey to the pot and stir. Drop bagel bombs into the water and boil for about a minute and half. Use a strainer to remove bagel bombs from the water and place on a clean, dry kitchen towel or paper towels to soak up excess liquid. If needed, reshape or re-pinch the seam together.
- Step 6 Place the bagel bombs onto the baking sheet again with seam side down. Top with bagel seasoning and place in oven. Bake for 16-19 minutes. Cool slightly before eating.