Another dessert creation because I already had everything in the kitchen. Simple and easy to make, you can top this chocolate ganache tart with any seasonal fruit! I love the crust on this because it’s nutty and the hints of salt tame down the richness of the chocolate. Give it a try!
Chocolate Ganache Tart
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounce semisweet chocolate (or even higher percentage dark chocolate, if preferred)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9″ tart pan.
- Step 2 In a food processor, process nuts until the texture is coarse (do not over process, you want some nut pieces for crunch). Add almond flour, sugar, and salt and process again.
- Step 3 Add butter and quickly pulse the mixture.
- Step 4 Add yolks and vanilla extra and pulse until a dough forms.
- Step 5 Press the dough onto the bottom of the pan and along the sides. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Step 6 Take out pan and, with a fork, pierce the bottom of the tart in multiple locations all over.
- Step 7 Bake for 30 minutes.
- Step 8 While the crust is baking, combine chocolate, cream, coconut oil, and salt in a bowl over a double boiler.
- Step 9 Stir the mixture until everything is melted and incorporated.
- Step 10 Pour chocolate mixture into the baked tart crust and smooth out top.
- Step 11 Refrigerate tart for at least 4 hours before topping with favorite fruit and serving.