Hindsight is always 20/20 and luckily I foresaw the future and prepped appropriately ?If you’ve been following my Instagram stories this weekend, you know I was at Outside Lands eating all of the food (and also volunteering at a food booth). I took today off to recover since I’m no longer a spring chicken. I’m so glad I took the day off as I didn’t even have the energy to make coffee when I got up this morning. I needed something fast and easy to drink this morning to get my started. Cue the matcha latte ice cubes.
I had this matcha ice cube latte earlier this month (or was it late last month?) from Amausaan Uji Matcha at Clement Street. The concept was so simple! Matcha ice cubes and milk. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before as I already freeze my extra coffee to make coffee ice cubes for cold brew. I still have Minimal Matcha left from my crepe cake so I knew I could make this on my own. I prefer to make mine a little less sugary, so I did. You can use any milk, dairy or nut or others, of your choice too. So enjoy this super simple recipe that’s oh so tasty.
- 1 tablespoon quality matcha powder (I used Minimal Matcha's Monday matcha)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon or less of condensed milk (optional)
- Step 1 Sift matcha powder into a large measuring cup and add hot water. Stir until powder is fully dissolved.
- Step 2 Add condensed milk, if using.
- Step 3 Pour mixture into ice trays and freeze at least 6 hours.
- Step 4 Place ice cubes into a glass and add desired milk (I use oat milk).
You must be logged in to post a comment.