Pear season is here! I think pears pair amazingly with cheese and honey so that was the inspiration for this recipe. I had recently bought some amazing local honey that I decided would be great with this recipe. You’ve probably noticed that I love fresh herbs on desserts, fresh rosemary is the most delicious with this tart so don’t be afraid to garnish! It’s quite tasty!
Special tools: extra long non-stick tart pan (14×4.5 inches)
Honey and Cheese Pear Tart
October 8, 2018
: 6 servings
: 20 min
: 1 hr 45 min
: 2 hr 5 min
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 pears, sliced lengthwise about 1/4 inch thick (no ends)
- Almond slices, toasted
- Rosemary, fresh (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 325F and grease a tart pan.
- Step 2 In a food processor, process nuts until the texture is coarse (do not over process, you want some nut pieces for crunch). Add almond flour, sugar, and salt and process again.
- Step 3 Add butter and quickly pulse the mixture.
- Step 4 Add yolk and vanilla extra and pulse until a dough forms.
- Step 5 Press the dough onto the bottom of the pan and along the sides. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Step 6 Take out pan and, with a fork, pierce the bottom of the tart in multiple locations all over.
- Step 7 Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Step 8 In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add egg, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt and mix.
- Step 9 Pour the cream cheese mixture into the tart and smooth out surface.
- Step 10 Arrange pear slices on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Step 11 Return to oven and bake for an additional 45 minutes (or until the cream cheese is slightly browned).
- Step 12 Remove and allow to cool to the touch.
- Step 13 Top with fresh rosemary and almonds. Drizzle honey over tart.
You must be logged in to post a comment.